Department of International Studies (DIS) students are offered a high standard of services aimed at making their transition into a new environment as smooth as possible. Our dedicated staff is available 24/7, either during office hours or by phone, in order to ensure that students are provided with all the support and advice they may need during their studies at DIS.
Although life in a new country and culture may be difficult to adjust to at first, the DIS helps international students navigate the potential linguistic, cultural and bureaucratic differences. The specific services offered include:
- Providing students with an Information Guidebook, which details visa procedures, dorm accommodations, living expenses, etc.
- Organizing a comprehensive 2-week orientation session upon the students' arrival
- Helping students find alternative accommodation, if they are searching for private housing
- Aiding students in legalizing their stay in Poland
- Assisting students with insurance and medical coverage as well as doctors’ visits
- Hosting integration and cultural events meant to familiarise students with local traditions and to encourage participation in cultural opportunities in Krakow
- Preparing students for their future with career development services and organizing career workshops, locating internship opportunities and connecting students with our Alumni network.