Studying abroad is an exciting and life-changing experience. However, there are several practical steps you still need to complete before your trip so that you are well-prepared and ready to begin your adventure in Poland.


Non-EU Citizens

Non-EU citizens are required by Polish law to obtain a "student visa", officially called the national long-stay visa (type D), from the Polish consulate in their home country. This visa allows the student to enter and stay in Poland until the end of the visa's validity (365 days maximum). Students are advised to apply for a multiple-entry visa, which will allow them to travel around the Schengen area for a period of 90 days maximum.

A full list of Polish Consulates abroad is available here >>.

In order to start the visa application process, the applicant needs to go to the "e-Konsulat" website and choose the nearest Polish Consulate in his or her country: e-Konsulat website >>.